There is more to Ivanti Service Manager Consulting Projects than software & systems. You need to take a holistic approach and carefully plan your implementation, upgrades, and enhancements. It starts without the software, and requires strategy over tactics. It all starts with goals. S.M.A.R.T. Goals.
- SMART is an acronym for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Time–bound
- Goals should be as specific as possible, even if this means breaking them down, by including answers to the popular “W” questions: Who, What, When, Where, Which, Why
- If a goal is not measurable, it is not possible to know whether a team is making progress toward successful completion. If it’s an Ivanti Project that’s going to take a few months to complete, then set some milestones by considering specific tasks to accomplish.
A goal needs to be achievable, but at the same time it must not be too easy.
- A goal that supports or is in alignment with other goals would be considered a relevant goal, focusing on something that makes sense with the broader business goal or Ivanti Project.
- A time-bound goal is intended to establish a sense of urgency. After all a goal that lacks realistic timing, changes are you’re not going to succeed with your Ivanti Project.
Smart Goal Example
For example, if you’re creating UAT Test Case Scripts, your Smart Goals would be:
- Who: UAT Test Lead, designated UAT Team, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as outlined by Roles & Responsibilities Matrix
- What: Create day to day use case scenarios for job functions for the Ivanti Asset Manager Procurement process
- When: Over the next two weeks with a Target Date of September 19
- Where: Go-To Meeting and the Ivanti Breakout Meeting Room
- Which: Standard Business Operating Procedures with guidance from SMEs and Decision Maker
- Why: The UAT Test Case Scripts will be used for User Acceptance Testing (UAT) by the broader UAT team to ensure day to day job functions for the Asset Scanning, Procurement Process, Sales Order Life Cycle, Fulfillment, and Invoice Workflow can be carried out with the newly implemented Ivanti Asset Manager system by a19 Consulting.
- Measurable: Milestones, at least three internal meetings, and breakout sessions for the SMEs for the below categories, with at least 6 test cases that are aligned to the Standard Operating Procedures; Regression Testing, Asset Scanning, Procurement.
- Achievable: Focus on day-to-day job functions as outlined by the SOPs and seek guidance from SMEs and the decision maker as needed.
- Relevant: Day to day job functions only as per the SOPs. Do not use the software, this would be system testing, focus is on job functions and satisfying day to day operational tasks.
- Time-bound: Target Date September 19, with first meeting on September 10, follow up meeting on September 15, and review September 17th.
Remember T.ogether E.veryone A.chives M.ore!